Hall Neighborhood House opens doors of opportunity to enrich and empower the lives the Bridgeport’s East Side and the surrounding communities. We have served our community for more than 130 years by offering a range of programs that foster a dedication to learning among infants, toddlers, school-age youth, and adults, and senior citizens.
The Associated Charities, a forerunner of Hall, came into being in 1886 when a group of community women found they shared a common concern for the social problems of young women migrating from overseas and rural areas to work in local industries. In 1901, Mrs. Sarah Hall donated her home on Golden Hill Street to be a place where these young women could live, receive moral guidance, and find wholesome expression for their leisure needs. The residents of “Hall Home” received training in household and industrial skills and assistance in finding employment. In 1957, Hall moved to its present location in the east side of Bridgeport near the former Father Panik village public housing complex, which was a low income community with increasing social and economic problems. Hall has grown substantially since then providing services to children and families in the areas of childcare, early learning, youth and recreation programs, and senior citizens’ services.
The Mission of Hall is to provide services that will educate, enrich and empower the lives of residents of all ages of the East Side of Bridgeport and the surrounding community.
Hall Youth Services after school program is cooking up a storm! Pictured are Hall’s 5th & 6th graders slicing mushrooms for salad preparation. Hall’s kids wear Trumbull Rotary Apr...
With the help of people like you we are able to provide services that enrich the lives of children, families and all individuals in our community.